Veterinary Surgery – Washington Court House, OH, & Fayette County
Surgery procedures are a serious undertaking for your pet. At Fayette Veterinary Hospital, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that our professional surgical team is ready for any emergency in our facility in Washington Court House, Ohio. We are very conscious of your pet’s comfort throughout, and are conscientious of providing pain medication before, during and after surgery.
Pets brought to Fayette Veterinary Hospital for surgery are provided with a clean and sanitized kennel. Here’s what you can expect for your pet:
- Before surgery, an intravenous catheter is taped into place allowing doctors to administer medications safely and expediently.
- Proper anesthetic protocol will be designed using the most current and safest medications available.
- With your pet safely asleep, the surgery team works quickly to install a breathing tube and monitoring device.
- During surgery, human-grade gas-inhalant anesthesia is used and all patients are monitored using an EKG and pulse oximeter.
Once surgery is complete:
- Technicians remain with your pet until your pet is completely awake, making sure that all vital signs remain healthy and strong.
- If your pet needs to stay overnight, recovery kennels are sanitized after each use and the post-surgery area is scrubbed daily with an antiseptic.
- After the office is closed, all patients are regularly monitored by a veterinarian and qualified technicians.
- Patients are fed and walked by technicians as instructed.
Providing that you call ahead, you are welcome to visit your pet.
Hours and Services
Surgery patients are normally admitted Mon-Fri. from 9-11 a.m.
Grooming appointment drop-offs are from 8-11 a.m. as scheduled.
Boarding animals may be dropped off during normal business hours or by appointment during non-business hours.
If you have questions or need to discuss other options concerning admissions, call the office at (740) 335-6161.
- Equine & Large Animals
- Pet Dental Care
- Dog Dental
- Exotic Animal Care
- Geriatric Pets, Pet Diagnostics
- Animal Anesthesia
- Animal Laser Surgery
- Pet Surgery
- Pet Laser Therapy
- Farm Animal Care
Hillsboro, Wilmington, Washington Court House, Greenfield, Chillicothe, Blanchester, Belfast, Buford, Jeffersonville, Mowrystown, Sabina, Leesburg, Lynchburg, New Vienna, New Holland, Martinsville, Clarksville, Danville, New Washingon, Bloomington and Marshall.